[pgpool-general: 6518] Compatibility matrix between Pgpool releases and Postgresql releases

Lucas Luengas lucasluengas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 03:39:04 JST 2019

Hello.

Is there any compatibility matrix between Pgpool releases and Postgresql
releases?

I am using Linux Centos with Pgpool rpms. If I want to know if a Pgpool
release is compatible with Postgresql 11, then I am checking file name of
rpm. I know it is not a very nice method. Examples:

Pgpool 3.4.21
http://www.pgpool.net/yum/rpms/3.4/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgpool-II-pg11-3.4.21-1pgdg.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
is compatible with Postgresql 11, because file name contains "pg11".

Pgpool 4.0.4
http://www.pgpool.net/yum/rpms/4.0/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgpool-II-pg11-4.0.4-1pgdg.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
is compatible with Postgresql 11, because file name contains "pg11".

On http://www.pgpool.net/yum/rpms/3.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/ there is no
file with name like "pg11". Then, I think that Pgpool 3.3 is not compatible
with Postgresql 11.

King regards.