[pgpool-general: 6224] PGPOOL Error with DEALLOCATE

Kumar, Virendra Virendra.Kumar at guycarp.com
Thu Sep 6 02:14:10 JST 2018

Hi PGPOOL Developers,

When we run a simple deallocate command using pgpool as loadbalancer in master-slave mode while the connection is on standby server we are getting below error. I read it somewhere that it is fixed but surprisingly this is not the case. We are using pgpool 3.7.1:
--
ap_sit_db=# PREPARE usrrptplan (int) AS select count(*) from ap.site_exposure_p1;
PREPARE

ap_sit_db=#
ap_sit_db=# EXECUTE usrrptplan(2);
count
--------
171721
(1 row)

ap_sit_db=# DEALLOCATE usrrptplan;
WARNING:  packet kind of backend 1 ['E'] does not match with master/majority nodes packet kind ['C']
FATAL:  failed to read kind from backend
DETAIL:  kind mismatch among backends. Possible last query was: "DEALLOCATE usrrptplan;" kind details are: 0[C] 1[E: prepared statement "usrrptplan" does not ex
ist]
HINT:  check data consistency among db nodes
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

Regards,
Virendra

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.