[pgpool-general: 6301] Query regarding Health Check User and Streaming Replication Check user !

Nitish Kumar itcell.mpwz at mp.gov.in
Wed Nov 21 19:44:04 JST 2018

Hi All,

I wanted to know that how pgpool II checks for Streaming replication delays and other checks through sr_check_user
when the sr_check_user have just CONNECT privileges to the Database.

In the same way how come PgPool II performs health checkups using health_check_user when the health_check_user
have just CONNECT privileges to the Database.

I have made two users for sr_check_user and health_check_user and granted only CONNECT and LOGIN privileges to
the database.

Does these two users require more wider PRIVILEGES or my configurations are correct ?

Can someone explain or am I doing something incorrect.

Regards,
Nitish Kumar