[pgpool-general: 6285] Re: load balance between hosts with same FQDN

Bino Oetomo bino at jogjacamp.co.id
Sun Nov 18 13:56:21 JST 2018

Dear Mr. Ishii Sir ... and All
I Really appreciate your response

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 7:11 AM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi bino,
>
> My guess is,
>
> - Load balancing will work. DNS round robin will assign 10.10.10.1 or
>   10.10.10.2 to Pgpool-II but it should work.
>
> - Health checking will not work. After health checking detects a fault
>   of standby, it notices the Pgpool-II main process that
>   replica.pgcluster.service.bino.inc' is down, then it detach standby
>   1, even if remaining standby is healthy.
>
> - Streaming replication delay checking will not work. I will report
>   the delay for 10.10.10.1 or 10.10.10.2 depending on the DNS round
>   robin. So the result will not consistent.
>
> Best regards,
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp
>

> well , Actualy health check and replication things I think will handled by
patroni.
In this scenario, I positioned pgpool-II only to split request Between
SELECT and WRITE..
Is that make sense ?

Patroni will decide which one is Master and Replicas.

BTW, is there any documentation in using 3 PG-POOL with 3 Postgres host ?
I just want that my user only see single hostname, but don't want 'single
point of failure'.

Sincerely
-bino-