[pgpool-general: 6102] read your own writes

Mario V mariovikale at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 00:42:02 JST 2018

Is it possible to implement a "read your own writes" pattern with pgpool?
Specifically, some of the application transactions update some data and then as a last step read all of the updated data back.
I know this is not necessarily a best practice but this is how the app currently works.
With pgpool the writes would go to the primary and the final read would go to the standby which would not yet have the uncommitted writes.
Is there a way to enforce this stickiness so that all statements belonging to the same transaction would go to the same node
which in this case would be the primary?
I cannot update the application to include any "hints" in the statements.