[pgpool-general: 5950] pgpool load balancing problem

Mariel Cherkassky mariel.cherkassky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:05:57 JST 2018

Hi,
I found a problem that had a big impact on our servers. I'm using pgpool as
a load balancer and pool connections manager. When a user tries to run a
select query it redirects the query to the slave. If the user tries after
that to run dml or ddl command he get error :

ERROR: cannot execute CREATE TABLE in a read-only transaction
SQL state: 25006

Is there any way to solve this issue ? It means that once the pool
redirected your session to the slaves you cant run any ddl/dml actions ..