[pgpool-general: 5899] Master Election - Priority

Carlos Cosa carlos.cosa at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 12:15:11 JST 2018

 Hi all,

I have a system with 7 pgpool servers and 4 of them have wd_priority = 5 and the other 3 have wd_priority = 1. When I stop the Master to test the HA I have seen that sometimes a pgpool with priority 1 is elected even when there are still pgpools with priority 5 available, and I would expect to have elected one of the higher priority.

Am I missing something? Is anyway to exclude pgpool servers from master election to use them exclusively as quorums?

I am using 3.6.7

Thank you!!