[pgpool-general: 5897] Re: Pgpool-3.7.1 segmentation fault

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Jan 26 07:34:38 JST 2018

> I wouldn't be surprised if upstart was killing the pgpool process.

Then pgpool cannot remove the socket files before stopping.

Probably the reason why upstar kills -9 pgpool is, a wrong command is
used to stop pgpool: pgpool -m smart (or without no argument). "-m
fast (or immediate)" should be used instead otherwise pgpool won't
stop until all the user get disconnected.

> I was thinking it would be more useful as a metric, displayed by SHOW. We
> use metrics gathering agents, and I would love to be able to grab stats,
> similar to what pgbouncer
> <https://pgbouncer.github.io/usage.html#show-commands> offers, and put them
> into my dashboards.

Interesting. I will look into this.