[pgpool-general: 5852] Re: pgpool ver. 3.6.6 / problem with restart

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jan 11 23:05:54 JST 2018

Hi,

I think the problem is that Pgpool-II wasn't stopped by using fast mode.
if there are some connections from clients, Pgpool-II will wait until
all connections exit. This caused that Pgpool-II hangs up.

Pgpool-II should use fast mode to stop and restart.

Could you try to change the /etc/sysconfig/pgpool file like this:

------
- #STOP_OPTS=" -m fast"
+ STOP_OPTS=" -m fast"
------

And we also find the problem at pgpoolAdmin that stop mode didn't work correctly.
Could you try the attached patch to pgpoolAdmin.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>