[pgpool-general: 5848] Re: pgpool ver. 3.6.6 / problem with restart

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jan 11 16:22:13 JST 2018

> We use the postgres cluster in version 9.4 and pgpool in version
> 3.6.6. The problem is that when any client is connected to pgpool,
> then pgpool's restart is not possible. Pgpool hangs up and waits for
> the client to finish the connection. If this happens, pgpool turns off
> and must be manually started. The pgpool.conf file with the
> configuration in the attachment. I am asking for help in solving the
> problem. Thank you in advance.

If you mean by "Pgpool hangs up" is that there are too many
connections (in this case more than 32) from clients to Pgpool and you
cannot make a new connection to Pgpool , "client_idle_limit" may help
you.

If a lazy client has been being idle more than the time specified by
the parameter, the client will be kicked out and a new client can
connect to Pgpool.