[pgpool-general: 5913] Query got stuck when running Vacuum

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Fri Feb 9 00:38:17 JST 2018

Hi all,

We saw that one of our queries got stuck with idle in transaction.  The log showed the following message

terminating connection due to conflict with recovery
User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.

Probably vacuum ran at the same time and that what caused it.

I saw in pgpool FAQ that "hot_standby_feedback = on" can be used.
Will this ensure that no queries will get stuck because of vacuum?
Will setting the parameter to true cause more traffic between the two nodes or slow down things?
Why pgpool does not pass this error instead of having the query stuck?

Thanks
Avi

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is intended for the above named addressee(s), and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email: you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any person.