[pgpool-general: 6344] Re: Pgpool is not accepting any new connections

Pierre Timmermans ptim007 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 04:24:15 JST 2018

What is in the log of the pgpool on server B ? You should see in the log of pgpool on node B a lot of information, normally the watchdog detects that the primary pgpool is lost, then it logs about the new consensus and the election of a new leader. If the node B takes over the primary role, you will see that the VIP is acquired by node B,...Also because the primary postgres was also lost, in the log of on node B you should also see that the promotion of the standby database (on node B) to primary was done.

Maybe you can try the pcp_watchdog_info utility on the pgpool of server B, if it does not respond than indeed pgpool B might be stuck..
Maybe you can post the log of the pgpool B at the time you shutted down the server A ?

Pierre