[pgpool-general: 6338] Pgpool is not accepting any new connections

Juan Carlos Michaca jcmichaca at vinkos.com
Thu Dec 13 10:13:34 JST 2018

Hi all,

I am testing pgpool in this scenario

Pgpool A(Master) + PG Backend A (primary)

Pgpool B(Standby) + PG Backend B (replica with streaming replication)

At this point I'm able to run queries to pgpool from any address in my
network.

If I shut down Pgpool A(Master) and its PG Backend (primary), Pgpool B(now
master) is not accepting any connections until I restart it.

After restarting Pgpool B(now master) I can connect to pgpool from any host
and run queries.

Please, can you help to figure out what's could be wrong?

Regards