[pgpool-general: 6182] unclear error message: ERROR: failed to send watchdog heartbeat. host name is empty

Sebastian Stellingwerff sebas at bakkerspees.nl
Mon Aug 6 22:04:06 JST 2018

Hi,

On one of the nodes, I keep getting this error message. But I can't find out what it means. In the pgpool.conf the watchdog hostname is set, and looking at the source I can only tell that there's something calling the function ' wd_hb_send ' and not giving a hostname.

I also could not find any helpful search results :(

Hopefully someone here can explain what goes wrong here.

Thanks,

Sebastian