[pgpool-general: 6178] Re: PgPool setup for GSSAPI or LDAP(AD) authentication with PostgreSQL

Andre Piwoni apiwoni at webmd.net
Fri Aug 3 01:17:48 JST 2018

Yes, but documentation is not clear on what should be setup on PostgreSQL
running behind PgPool.
I can setup PgPool with PAM (either LDAP(AD) or Kerberos) from what I
understand but I don't know what authentication scheme should be setup on
PostgreSQL side when PgPool is setup with (a) PAM LDAP and (b) PAM Kerberos?

Thank you,
Andre Piwoni

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:19 AM Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pgpool-II supports only "Trust", "md5" and "PAM" authentication methods.
>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 08:55:33 -0700
> Andre Piwoni <apiwoni at webmd.net> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to setup PostgreSQL authentication either via GSSAPI or LDAP.
> Can
> > both GSSAPI and LDAP be supported by PgPool within pool_hba.conf?
> > What setup is required for PgPool to support GSSAPI authentication
> method?
> > Do I need PAM with Kerberos on PgPool and GSSAPI on on PostgreSQL without
> > PAM? Is it possible?
> > What setup is required for PgPool to support LDAP(AD) authentication
> > method? PAM with LDAP on PgPool and LDAP on PostgreSQL side without PAM?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > *Andre Piwoni*
>

> --
> Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>