[pgpool-general: 6025] Re: Streaming Replication Check

Jaime Soler jaime.soler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:48:03 JST 2018

Hi

> Hi there,
>

> maybe someone can help me to understand how “Streaming Replication Check”
> is working.
>

> Is it checking replication lag by using pg_last_xlog_receive_location()
> and pg_last_xlog_replay_location() ??

check_replication_time_lag function call those functions
https://github.com/mbell8903/pgpool-II/blob/master/src/streaming_replication/pool_worker_child.c#L230
https://github.com/mbell8903/pgpool-II/blob/master/src/streaming_replication/pool_worker_child.c#L289-L295

> Am I right that those check should not be dependent from database I use?
>
> If it is like that why I need “sr_check_database”?

this is the convention of postgresql connection requiered but it will use
postgres as default.

> Also why “delay_threshold” cannot be 0? Why 0 is disabling it?
>

> The reason I ask is that a customer has problem with inserting something
> and “directly” read the insert and don’t get the correct answer – maybe
> because it is not synced and loadbalancing is forwarding to slave?!

In my opinion your standby node was async when your customer tried to read