[pgpool-general: 6023] Online Recovery Script with Systemd

Mathias Buresch mathias.buresch at de.clara.net
Thu Apr 5 19:35:25 JST 2018

Hi,

does anyone have problems with the scripts for online recovery and systemd on CentOS? (On Ubuntu with Systemd I didn’t at least recognize such a problem)..

The script “pgpool_remote_start” starts postgresql like that:
ssh -T $remote_host $pghome/bin/pg_ctl -w -D $remote_pgdata start > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

If it is started like that the PID is changing and Systemd does not know about PID and it is not manageable by systemctl anymore.
I would change now to let user postgres run systemctl and check if it is working then. But just wonder if anyone had that problem too and knows how to fix.

Mit herzlichen Grüßen

Mathias Buresch
Systems Engineer
mathias.buresch at de.clara.net