[pgpool-general: 5756] pgpool reload

Ken Young Ken.Young at sas.com
Sat Sep 30 04:00:57 JST 2017

Hey folks,
I'm running with PostgreSQL 3.4 and pgpool 3.6.1, with MD5 authentication.

With the pgpool - is there a deterministic way to determine when a password change (made in pool_passwd) is picked up by pgpool after a pgpool reload?  We've noticed that the change is not immediate after the pgpool reload command returns.  Or is there a way to make the pgpool reload command synchronous, so we don't have to wait?

Of course, checking by establishing a connection with the new password is a brute force way, but we are wondering if there is something more direct.

Ken Young
Ken.Young at sas.com
Data Management R&D
SAS Institute, Inc.