[pgpool-general: 5717] Questions about Replication mode

Giancarlo Celli giancarlocelli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:15:08 JST 2017

Hi to All,

I am beginner on pgpool.

I want to understand the difference between master-slave and pgpool
replication mode.

Now, I have implemented a postgresql streaming replication, so I'm using
master-slave mode on pgpool-II.

However, I would like to understand the characteristics of internal
replication at pgpool:

   1. Is it a Master-Master Replication Type?
   2. Are there Primary and Standby or not?
   3. If a postgres server goes down and then restarts, is there an
   automatic way to update the data?
   4. Is there a failover and recovery procedure?

Thanks to all.

Best regards.