[pgpool-general: 5773] How to run pgpool processes with non root account on Centos 7

Lucas Luengas lucasluengas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:59:29 JST 2017

Hello
I have a Pgpool 3.4.6 installation using yum repository on Centos 6. I have
installed Postgresql in this server. Pgpool processes run using postgres
account by default, because init.d scripts of yum/rpm use postgres account.
I am installing new servers with Pgpool 3.4.13 on Centos 7, also using yum
repository. I have installed Postgresql in this server. I notice pgpool
processes run using root account. Centos 7 uses systemd, no classic init.d
script.
I would like change account for pgpool processes. I have edited
/lib/systemd/system/pgpool.service, in section [Service] I have included
these lines:

User=postgres
Group=postgres
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown -R postgres:postgres /var/run/pgpool

Why does Pgpool run by default with root account on Centos 7?
Should I modify more lines in /lib/systemd/system/pgpool.service or another
files for running pgpool processes with postgres account.

Kind regards.