[pgpool-general: 5767] Re: May I ask the support plan of pgpool-II for PostgreSQL 10 ?

Pierre Timmermans ptim007 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 15:32:37 JST 2017

I did it yesterday on Centos. It is working but you have to install pgpool from here
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/

so first install the repository rpm
yum install -y https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-centos10-10-1.noarch.rpm

(this will set up the pg10 yum repository)
then you can install pgpool-II-10, pgpool-II-10-extensions, pgpool-II-10-debuginfo with yum

Also take care that the config files are in /etc/pgpool-II-10, that's where you must put pool_hba.conf and others now (instead of /etc/pgpool-II).

Cheers,

Pierre

    On Sunday, October 8, 2017, 3:21:43 AM GMT+2, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

 > PostgreSQL 10 has been Released in October 5th,I noticed that the current version of pgpool-II is 3.6.6, and does it work well with PostgreSQL 10?
> if it doesn't support PostgreSQL 10, I'd like to know when the version of supporting PostgreSQL 10 will the release.
>

> Forgive me for being in a hurry :P  Thank you very much!

What kind of problem do you have in Pgpool-II 3.6.6 and PostgreSQL 10?
We have already adapted to incompatible changes in PostgreSQL 10
related to streaming replication delay checking in 3.6.5. So there
should be no problem to use 3.6.6 with PostgreSQL 10.