[pgpool-general: 5530] Re: Problem with PCP socket directory setting

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Wed May 24 05:17:26 JST 2017

This is expected behaviour, All PCP client side tools are independent of
Pgpool-II server side settings and have no visibility and access to the
pgpool.conf file, Since the utility can be used to connect to any local or
remote Pgpool, So PCP utilities always try to connect on the default socket
directory and default port unless explicitly specified in the command's
argument.

If you are using a different pcp_socket_dir and/or different pcp_port then
you would be required to specify the socket file location and port in the
pcp command argument,

For example to make PCP utilities use /var/run/postgresql as socket
directory you should specify the directory in the host argument.

# with pcp_port = 9898 and pcp_socket_dir = '/var/run/postgresql'
pcp_pool_status -h /var/run/postgresql -p 9898 -U <user>

Thanks
Kind Regards
Muhammad Usama