[pgpool-general: 5370] [pgpool] Streaming Replication - Identify Slave Node Status

Anushka Weerakkodyge anushkaw at ceylonit.com
Thu Mar 16 06:36:35 JST 2017

Hi all,

I have a synchronous streaming replication environment which is implemented
using inbuilt replication mechanism in postgresql. There is a requirement
that I need to fail the data modification transactions on master node if
the slave node is down. (ie: transactions should commit when only both
servers are up and running)

Please let me know whether there is a way to identify slave node status and
fail the transaction using pgpool ?

Thanks,
Anushka