[pgpool-general: 5365] Re: How to understand 'load_balance_node'in pgpool-II 3.6.1

晓庆 paul_wang79 at qq.com
Tue Mar 14 17:00:14 JST 2017

Hi Tatsuo,

Thank you very much for your explanation!

Regards,
Paul wang

From:  "Tatsuo Ishii";<ishii at sraoss.co.jp>;
Date:  Tue, Mar 14, 2017 01:50 PM
To:  "晓庆"<paul_wang79 at qq.com>;
Cc:  "pgpool-general"<pgpool-general at pgpool.net>;
Subject:  Re: [pgpool-general: 5363] How to understand 'load_balance_node'in pgpool-II 3.6.1

> Hi,
> My pgpool upgrade from 3.5.x to 3.6.1. When I execute 'show pool_nodes', I see a different return result, It's cool!
> But I want to know what's the meaning of 'load_balance_node'?
> Maybe it means that the 'true' node is responsible for the 'load balancer',Is that right?
> Note: I have two Pgpool nodes and two postgresql nodes, I configured VIP in pgpool nodes;
>

> postgres=# show pool_nodes;
>  node_id |  hostname  | port | status | lb_weight |  role   | select_cnt | load_balance_node | replication_delay
>  0       | pg-server1 | 5432 | up     | 0.500000  | primary | 0          | false             | 0
>  1       | pg-server2 | 5432 | up     | 0.500000  | standby | 0          | true              | 0
> (2 rows)

The load balance node is the database node which read only user
queries are sent to. In your case above pg-server2 will accept read
only queries. Please note that there are some cases read queries are
sent to pg-server1. e.g. internal queries issued by Pgpool-II (mostly
to check PostgreSQL's system catalogs).