[pgpool-general: 5560] Re: Pgpool stops handling connections

Pierre Timmermans ptim007 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 00:57:44 JST 2017

Thomas
Maybe you simply need to increase the value of num_init_children. Once the pool is full, i.e. once there are num_init_children active connections, then the next connection attempt will hang until a connection is free. So it will be exactly like the behavior you are seing.
You can do a select from pg_stat_activity (connect directly to postgres, not to pgpool, otherwise you will be queued): it the number of rows is equal to num_init_children then for sure you are hitting this limit
Pierre