[pgpool-general: 5558] How to find what caused queries to get stuck

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Tue Jun 6 20:50:27 JST 2017

Hi all,

We are using postgres 9.6 and 9.7 with pgpool 3.6.3.

On setups using pgpool every so often we see "stuck" queries that are shown as idle in transaction.  Other setups that skip pgpool and connect directly to postgres never get those idle in transaction queries.
We got to a point where we are forced to monitor our database and kill queries that are idle for more than x minutes, but obviously  we cannot keep it this way.

How can I find what cause those queries to get stuck?

Thanks
Avi
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is intended for the above named addressee(s), and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email: you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any person.