[pgpool-general: 5626] Re: pgpool 3.6.4 failover - failover scenario question

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 01:29:57 JST 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Shay Cohavi <cohavisi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> scenario
> server1 - master pgpool + primary postgres
> server2 - slave pgpool + secondary postgres.
>
> 1. server1 (master pgpool + primary postgres) is being poweroff.
> 2. server2 is being successfully escalating to the master Pgpool-II.
> postgres failover is being triggered (secondary pgpool has been promoted)
> !!!! pgpool keeps searching for the primary node!!
>

> pgpool log attached...

As per the logs, Pgpool-II is correctly preforming all the required steps
when the it looses the server1, i.e The standby Pgpool-II is successfully
promoted to new master Pgpool-II and also the new master Pgpool-II is
triggering the failover on the PostgreSQL node (192.168.15.55:5432) that
was located on server1,
The problem is that after the failover was performed and failover_command
was executed by Pgpool-II, The PostgreSQL server
192.168.15.56:5432 becomes unreachable, and Pgpool-II keep looking for
primary node, which it is not able to connect to.

Do you get any message on 192.168.15.56:5432 PostgreSQL server, as why it
does not accepts the connection.

Also can you perform the same test by disabling the health check timeout
(set health_check_timeout = 0),

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama