[pgpool-general: 5283] Re: Starting 2 pgpools at the same time cause duplicate VIP.

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Sun Jan 29 22:38:46 JST 2017

Hi,

Duplicate VIP occurred on our system again.  I'm sending pgpool.log and pgpool.conf files from both servers.
We have an agent on both machines that monitor the healthiness of pgpool and postgres and brings them up if they fail and alert if database is inaccessible etc.
At 2017-01-26 11:32:09 our agent detected duplicate VIP and restarted pgpools.
We also had the following lines in our system log
2017-01-26 11:32:01: ERROR:  connection to PCP server failed.
2017-01-26 11:32:01: DETAIL:  ERROR: connection to host "172.18.255.42" failed with error "Connection refused"

The agent is running at 1 minute interval on both servers.

Please advise what might be causing it.

Thanks
Avi