[pgpool-general: 5215] Feature Request: log_line_prefix timestamp

Burton, Chuck Chuck.Burton at arris.com
Sat Jan 7 03:40:58 JST 2017

I'd like to propose that an addition be made to pgpool to allow for a log timestamp to be written to the log with a timezone other than the locally defined timezone.  Where this is helpful is when we use an external tool like logstashforwarder, where we want the logs to be absorbed with a timestamp with a UTC timezone.  Postgres offers this feature ('log_timezone'), which we use, and it would be nice to allow pgpool to behave in the same way.

Thanks, Chuck