[pgpool-general: 5211] failover.sh output statements into log

Burton, Chuck Chuck.Burton at arris.com
Wed Jan 4 08:10:38 JST 2017

Forgive me if this is stated somewhere else, but I'm looking into removing some of the chaff from our pgpool logs as it's getting absorbed into filebeat/logstash.  One of the areas I noticed is when a failover happens on our system, much of the script output is echoed in the pgpool error log:

2017-01-03 15:14:34: pid 603: LOG:  child process received shutdown request signal 3
echo old' primary node id '0 >> /tmp/failoverlog
echo new' master host name xx.xx.xx.xx

Is there any way to suppress these echo messages?  The first error message is OK since it gets absorbed into the system just fine, but the echos/script commands are not.