[pgpool-general: 5296] Re: pgPool nodes keep disconnecting

Simon Windsor simon.windsor at cornfield.me.uk
Sat Feb 4 09:00:26 JST 2017

Hi

I an very sorry for the late reply, but the issue has cleared itself when we increased the number of vCPU cores assigned to the pgPool node.

The data replication application my colleague is writing, while I manage the DB, appears to become stable at two vCPU and optimum performance at four vCPU, adding more nodes appears to make no difference to data loading on the clients, although we are still testing with

one pgPool node, 4vCPU and 4G memory
two Postgres nodes, 2 vCPU and 12G memory.

I wonder if the pgPool disconnected if the server was too busy? Anyway, all seems fine and as we scale up to 10-12 Postgres DBs we will keep an eye on pgPool.

Thanks for the offer of help,

Simon