[pgpool-general: 5698] Restarting pgpool fails with "Address already in use" error

Keyvan Hedayati k1.hedayati93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:07:19 JST 2017

Hello,
We use pgpool for load balancing two postgres databases that has replicated
using streaming replication. I've only enabled load balancing feature and
other options are off.
When I'm trying to restart pgpool with systemctl I get an error like this:

Aug 20 14:34:40 Beta pgpool[16184]:  [16184] [No Connection]@[No
Connection] FATAL:  failed to bind a socket: "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"
Aug 20 14:34:40 Beta pgpool[16184]:  [16184] [No Connection]@[No
Connection] DETAIL:  bind socket failed with error: "Address already in use"

Seems like pgpool can not delete it's socket files so after being stopped
it can't start. But socket files have full permissions:
srwxrwxrwx 1 postgres postgres 0 Aug 20 14:24 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
srwxrwxrwx 1 postgres postgres 0 Aug 20 14:24 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.9898

I've attached my configuration file.
This is pgpool version I'm using which latest version if Ubuntu 16.04
apparently.
pgpool-II version 3.4.3 (tataraboshi)

Have I configured something wrong or I've to install latest version?

--
Live long and prosper,
K1.H <http://k1h.ir/>