[pgpool-general: 5683] Postgres error not processed by pgpool

Jeremiah Penery jpenery at redskytech.com
Fri Aug 4 05:18:55 JST 2017

Hi,

I'm using Pgpool-II 3.6.5 with Postgres 9.6.3, and seeing issues sometimes when a SQL statement generates an error in Postgres, that the Pgpool process seems to wait forever for some kind of response.  This causes application code to hang as well.

I'm attaching logs from both Pgpool and Postgres (the configuration here is one machine, everything co-resident).  I can get more logging information or anything else if necessary.  The issue is easily reproducible, though I don't think it happens 100% of the time.

Thanks,
Jeremiah