[pgpool-general: 5436] Re: Pgpool support multiple writers?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Apr 28 07:56:34 JST 2017

[Replied to the mailing list because the mail was sent to wrong address]

From: marcelo mendoza <jmarcelo.mendoza at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pgpool support multiple writers?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 16:57:17 -0400

No. Pgpool-II can only support read queries load balance.

BTW, PostgreSQL is going to have bi-directional (multi-master)
replication in the future. It may be interesting to implement write
queries load balancing in Pgpool-II to deal with it.