[pgpool-general: 5023] Re: Failover command not invoked by secondary pgpool after its promotion to primary in HA

Christophe Le Roux christophe.le.roux at fr.clara.net
Fri Sep 23 16:35:14 JST 2016

Hi Gabriele,

If your slave make more than 10 seconds to be elected as primary (which can be dependant of other timeout parameters), PGpool will never find it ( PGpool stop to search for a primary node when the search_primary_node_timeout is reached).
10 seconds is very short, try with a higher value (60 or 120). 300 is a value that I found in a blog who explain a 2 pgpool and 2 Postgresql setup.

Regards,

Christophe