[pgpool-general: 4984] Re: pgpool handling of User through pool password

Chattopadhyay, Subhankar s.chattopadhyay at sap.com
Tue Sep 13 12:57:58 JST 2016

Hi,

Thanks. I would definitely try this. I was thinking if it is possible to switvh off the authentication at the pgpool layer and let postgres handle that. In that case all the request goes through pgpool, only postgres verifies them. I was trying to set enable_pool_hba = off in the pgpool.conf file.

But with that when I try to login I get this error.

psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication and master-slave modes.
HINT:  check pg_hba.conf

Is there a way I can set the correct configuration so that I can achieve the previously mentioned setup.

Thanks and Regards,
Subhankar