[pgpool-general: 5068] Re: PGPOOL-II is showing incorrect status after failover

David Sisk -X (dsisk - TEKSYSTEMS INC at Cisco) dsisk at cisco.com
Thu Oct 20 03:54:38 JST 2016

Once you promote the standby, the prior primary does NOT automatically follow the new primary.  Unless you’ve configured PGPool to do some sort of an automatic recovery, you’ve essentially got two primary databases that have no relationship to each other (and of course you can login to both, but one is not replicating from the other).

You have to stop the new intended standby, do a pg_basebackup blah blah blah –R, start the intended standby, check the pg_log/postgresql-Day.log file to confirm streaming replication started, then do a pcp_attach_node to re-attach the old primary/new standby so it will be visible to PGPool…it’ll then show as status 2 instead of status 3.

Hope this helps!

[banner2]

David Sisk
Engineer - Software