[pgpool-general: 5063] PGPOOL-II is showing incorrect status after failover

Veeresh Patel veereshnitw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:59:08 JST 2016

Hi all,

I have a postgresql cluster setup (master -slave with streaming replication
scenario).

NOTE: assume master=node1
                        slave= node2

I am using pgpool in front of postgresql cluster.
I did one failover in following way:
1. stopped the master node.
2. started the master node.

So, now node2 should act as master and node 1 should act as slave, which is
happening.And streaming replication is also working fine.
But when I execute "show pool_nodes;"  command from pgpool, it shows the
status of node 1 (old master) as 3, which means it is down.

But when I directly connect to it, its working fine.
For the cross check, I checked pgpool_status file and found wrong entry
there also. Its also showing node 1 as down.

Kindly tell me what could be the probable reason for this incorrect status
information.

Thanks & Regards
Veeresh Patel
​SAP LAbs India Pvt. Ltd.​