[pgpool-general: 5053] PGPool - PCP auth error

Bezas, Michael michael.bezas at credit-suisse.com
Mon Oct 17 23:15:12 JST 2016

Hi I seem to have pcp auth error - any help would be greatly appreciated. I had this working previously but seems to have stopped...

I have turned off pool_hba - yet I get this error?

postgres at -:~> pcp_attach_node -d 10 localhost 9040 postgres postgres 1

DEBUG: send: tos="R", len=46

DEBUG: recv: tos="r", len=63, data=AuthenticationFailed

DEBUG: authentication failed. reason=AuthenticationFailed

AuthorizationError

pgpool.conf - config

# - Authentication -

enable_pool_hba = off

pool_passwd = 'pool_passwd'

pcp.conf - config

# USERID:MD5PASSWD

postgres:e8a48653851e28c69d0506508fb27fc5

pool_passwd - config

postgres:8e40e89c8c95a050dcadea2d7e4d40cc

pool_hba.conf - config

local   all         all                               trust

# IPv4 local connections:

host    all         all        xx.xx.xx.xx/32        trust

host    postgres    postgres   xx.xx.xx.xx /32        trust

Regards