[pgpool-general: 5129] md5 authentication

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Mon Nov 21 01:37:53 JST 2016

Hi Experts

I have in both pool_hba.conf and pg_hba.conf authentication method md5.  I have password file pool_passwd defined with user postgres and I also have user password file for postgres ".pgpass".
If I connect using port 5432 all works well

If I connect using port 9999 I'm getting this error

[root at h2-nms pgpool]# psql -Upostgres -h 172.18.255.40 -p9999
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

If I change pg_hba.conf to trust it works well again.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Avi
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is intended for the above named addressee(s), and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email: you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any person.