[pgpool-general: 4675] Re: Problem shutting down interfaces

Ricardo Larrañaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Wed May 11 03:06:31 JST 2016

Hi guys:
I have been working on this a little bit, and i encounter this problem
(running pgpool 3.5.2 on a 2 node cluster with streaming replication, if i
shut down the interface of the slave, pgpool on the master hangs the
connections). And i realize that the problem only happens when i shut down
the interface. If i either shut down the processes or use the firewall to
block backend communication, pgpool reacts properly.

Does anyone have experience with this or have a 2 node cluster with
streaming replication to test it. I am trying to identify what makes the
setup hang, since shutting down the interface is the best way i have to
simulate a node crash. When i shut down the interface, both postgres and
pgpool loose connection, but this is a valid scenario that could happen in
real life (when the whole server crashes).
Thanks a lot.
Regards