[pgpool-general: 4672] Re: ERROR: unable to read data from frontend

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Tue May 10 18:02:53 JST 2016

Wolf,

Though some "ERROR: unable to read data from frontend" problems are fixed[1][2],
pgpool still emits this error message when it receives EOF from the frontend.
For example, I can reproduce this error by `kill -9` psql which is connecting
to pgpool. This is expected behavior.

[1] http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=d5cd159001d6616d8b12346f80831db026ad4b7c
[2] http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=c0ed0aac08631786116169c4ffac7fe19f3667b0

What does your application when the error occurs? If it isn't the
application problem, could you tell me how to reproduce this error
in your environment?

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>