[pgpool-general: 4587] Re: Synchronous Streaming replication

Lucas Luengas lucasluengas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 02:30:47 JST 2016

Hello.

I think that is not possible. I think you can read data from master node,
but you can't update, insert, delete data.

You can try to configure multiple standby servers in
"synchronous_standby_names".
The documentations says:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-replication.html

... If the current synchronous standby disconnects for whatever reason, it
will be replaced immediately with the next-highest-priority standby.
Specifying more than one standby name can allow very high availability.

I think if you use synchronous replication is you need your data must be in
two servers at least.

Regards.