[pgpool-general: 4556] Re: WARNING: watchdog failed to bring up delegate IP, 'ifconfig up' failed

Michael Gusek michael.gusek at webtrekk.com
Wed Mar 16 18:34:05 JST 2016

Hi Giles,

i had the same problems. I'm using debian and with a modified arping
command line, my warning message goes away, you can try with "arping -S
<delegate IP> -i eth0 <your gateway ip> -c 1"

This should also work in ubuntu.

Michael

On 13.03.2016 13:41, Giles Gomes wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I have successfully configured watchdog and it is working fine.
>
> But when I start pgpool or switch active server, there is always a
> warning message. i.e. "WARNING: watchdog failed to bring up delegate
> IP, 'ifconfig up' failed". Can anyone tell me what is the reason and
> what is the remedy?
>
> I am using pgpool-II 3.4.3 ,pgpoolAdmin-3.4.1 and PostgreSQL 9.3.9 on
> Ubuntu.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Giles Cornelius Gomes
> Database Administrator
> Impel IT Solutions Ltd.
> Phone: +88 01 714329389

*Michael**Gusek*| System Administrator| Webtrekk GmbH |
*t*+49 30 755 415 302| *f *+49 30 755 415 100 | *w *www.webtrekk.com
<https://www.webtrekk.com/?wt_mc=signature.-.-.-.homepageURL>
Amtsgericht/Local Court Berlin, HRB 93435 B | Geschäftsführer/CEO
Christian Sauer