[pgpool-general: 4529] pgpool as cluster resource

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Tue Mar 8 00:51:12 JST 2016

Hi all,

1)      We have two machines running pgpool and have pgpool health-check handle the virtual IP switch.  Would it be just as good to have pgpool / virtual IP address switch handled by our cluster just like all our other resources?  What are the advantages of having pgpool handle the switch vs the cluster.

2)      Will it make it more reliable to have a witness if pgpool is handling the virtual IP switch in case of failure?