[pgpool-general: 4504] Re: Determining pgpool child memory footprint

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Mar 1 03:54:17 JST 2016

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 02/29/2016 01:27 PM, Kennedy, Robert wrote:
> Wolfgang -
>
> Thank you, I had looked at a number of those options previously but
> not implemented all of them. RedHat 7.2 has at least autosized
> fs.file-max to something reasonable, and we implemented higher
> per-user limits in limits.d. I'll re-run my test cases with the TCP
> tweaks in place to see if it alleviates my problem.

Hi Robert,

If it were me, I wouldn't use the 'spray-and-pray' approach.  I'd
gather data to figure out what's going on.

My latest experience is with 3.4.x (patched) and if I recall
correctly, we only had something like 4 GiB of RAM and we hardly used
any memory.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com