[pgpool-general: 4745] Re: pgpool vm server spec ?

Сергей Мелехин cpro29a at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:41:02 JST 2016

If you do not use result cache - minimal configuration (1-2 cores, 1GB RAM)
will do well, but it depends on your througoutput. If you will have
thousands of connections with hundreds of tps each, you may need more cpu
power.
And if you will log statements - you wil need disk space and fast disks
(SSD?).
If you have minimal logging, no result caching on pgpool and moderate load
- pgpool does not require much resources. We used to have two hot standby
"load balancer" VMs with nginx, rabbitmq, pgpool, and memcache sharing one
failover ip. Both have 4G RAM and 8 cores, but it is an overkill and their
load average is pathetic even on traffic spikes.

With best regards, Sergey Melekhin

С Уважением, Сергей Мелехин.