[pgpool-general: 4719] Weird issue while testing pgpool cluster

Paolo Crosato paolo.crosato at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 04:49:21 JST 2016

Hi,

I'm testing a pgpool cluster configured by our hardware provider. The
cluster is based on pgpool-II 3.5 working with 2 postgres2 9.5 nodes.
I'm testing basic behaviour, like what happens when I shutdown a node, and
I've experienced this strange phenomenon: if I restart both the nodes, when
I try to connect to pgpool I get an error. To make it work again, I have to
restart the pgpool service. This happens also when I shutdown a node, bring
it up again, shutdown the other and bring it up. Is this working as
intended or is it a result of misconfiguration at some level?

Thanks for any response,

Regards,

Paolo Crosato