[pgpool-general: 4372] Re: How can I connect PostgreSQL database tthough pgpool?

Giles Gomes giles.gomes at retailephant.com
Sun Jan 31 18:28:04 JST 2016

Hi Keit,

Thanks for you reply. I have tried in your way but following error is
showing both with 'apache' and 'postgres' user.

$ psql -h test001pgp01 -U apache -p 9999 -W postgres
Password for user apache:
psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication,
master-slave and parallel modes.
HINT:  check pg_hba.conf

$ psql -h test001pgp01 -U postgres -p 9999 -W postgres
Password for user postgres:
psql: ERROR:  MD5 authentication is unsupported in replication,
master-slave and parallel modes.
HINT:  check pg_hba.conf

Regards,
Giles.

On 30 January 2016 at 05:22, kiet.h.lieng <kiet.h.lieng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to expand on this PGPool is categorized as “middleware” this is the
> correct term but it’s not constructive on how it’s used and how you’re
> supposed to interact with it.  Just that it sits between the client and
> actual database.
>
> To put it plainly: pgpool lives “inside” postgres and the only way you
> interact with pgpool is through the same postgresql connection call BUT
> with the pgpool port number specified in your pgpool.conf file (search for
> port setting).
>
> Something like "psql -h pgpoolhostname -U someuser -p 9999 -W postgres”
> where 9999 is the port of the pgpool connection.
>
> Let me know if this is not clear enough and I’ll try to explain it better.
>

> Thanks.
>

> On Jan 28, 2016, at 5:52 AM, Dang Minh Huong <kakalot49 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You can connect to database through pgpool-II with port which is defined
> in pgpool.conf (parameter “port").
> Take a look at manual, there are several parameters you also need to
> configure too.
>
> http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#config
>
> Best regards,
> bocap
>
> On Jan 28, 28 Heisei, at 17:46, Giles Gomes <giles.gomes at retailephant.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Tatsuo,
>
> I have install pgpool and pgpoolAdmin in one server and there is two
> database servers under this pgpool server, one working as Primary and
> another as Standby. Replication is working fine.
>
> Please let me know how I can connect postgresql database through pgpool.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Giles Cornelius Gomes
> Database Administrator