[pgpool-general: 4359] Re: having trouble installing online_recovery.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at gunduz.org
Tue Jan 26 03:07:49 JST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 2016-01-21 at 17:07 -0800, kiet.h.lieng wrote:
> I’m trying to get online recovery to work properly and running into
> issues when installing online_recovery feature for postgres database.
>
> I’m following this http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html <
> http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html>.
>
> The installation went fin with Make and Make install.
>
> But I get the following errors when trying to create the function on
> one of the postgres servers.
>
> --------------------
> psql -f pgpool-recovery.sql -U postgres template1
> psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:4: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
> psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:9: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
> psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:14: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
> psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:19: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
> -------------------
>

> My question is:
>
> How do I solve the issue above?  How exactly do you set the $libdir
> variable?  I’m fairly new to postgres but it seems like $libdir is
> not a proper variable?

$libdir automagically expands to the lib/ directory of your PostgreSQL
installation -- the actual place may vary depending on how you install
PostgreSQL.

Still, I think you should run

CREATE EXTENSION pgpool_recovery;

against the database that you want to install pgpool_recovery:

-HTH

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ